Celebrate on Tuesday May 22 at Township
Special Musical Guest:
- presented at the Columbia College Symposium “Chicago, Theatre Capital of America: Past. Present. Future” and demonstrated at DirectorsLabChicago 2011
- shared our pedagogy and philosophy internationally in Thailand as co-directors exchanged with directors from over 20 countries (Supported by the US Embassy.)
- alum Dorothy Jaworska created a video about the new ensemble which was submitted to TED talks
- offered a six week Curiosity Club summer camp for kids at the Prop Thtr and a full-day winter club at the Wicker Park Art Center.
- hosted seven Axon Gathering art-themed potlucks for the general community
- entered into a residency and fiscal sponsorship partnership with the Near Northwest Arts Council at the Wicker Park Art Center
- awarded grant support from the Wicker Park Bucktown Chamber of Commerce SSA
- established a board of directors, bylaws and incorporated as nonprofit in the state of Illinois
- working with an externship program at the John Marshal School of Law to file for our 501(c)3 tax exempt status.
- performed First -Rate Soup at RhinoFest Jan.-Febuary 2012, a rock performance based on Abraham Maslow’s Hiearchy of needs
- performed at the opening of the city's Cultural Planning session in Wicker Park and participated in discussions about spaces, sustainability and arts education that will help to shape the next 20 years of culture in Chicago.
- performed at the International Women's Day Celebration at the Wicker Park Art Center
- all the while we have been meeting as an ensemble, creating new performance material, discussing grants and dreaming of our next big ideas.
• Summer Ensemble: 30 stipend positions for teens supported by After School Matters to delve into our process of creatively enhancing the mental
capacity for curiosity, happiness, resilience, and initiative. Cultivating individual quirkiness and a community of intelligence to create a diverse
cross-polination of ideas.
• Curiosity Club: summer daycamp for kids ages 8-11 to delve into art and science projects. Active bodies + Engaged minds = Happy kids.